Have you been waiting for the perfect opportunity to make a strategic career move?
Are you passionate about writing quality content, producing detailed work products, and delivering first-class customer service? Do you have a fundamental understanding of, or certifications in, ophthalmic billing and coding? Are you JCAHPO certified and looking for something a little different? Are you an administrator looking for something less “chaotic”? Have you been coding ophthalmic services and want to expand on that skill?
Are employer-paid healthcare, 401(k), generous paid time off, awards for service miles stones, and other amazing benefits important to you?
If YES, BSM Consulting may be the place for you!
Over the past 40 years our highly successful healthcare consulting firm has provided both opportunity and stability for our staff – and with success comes continual growth!
- We are seeking a professional with robust knowledge of ophthalmic billing and coding to support our team.
- This position requires a hard-working, self-motivated, accountable individual, with a high level of professionalism, able to represent BSM and effectively collaborate with our consultants.
- Open to part-time or full-time candidates. Independent contractor arrangement would be considered for the right candidate.
- To ensure the safety and security of our employees, we are currently working remotely. This position includes the flexibility to work from home with periodic travel to either of our two main locations: Incline Village (NV) or Phoenix/Scottsdale (AZ)
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- An in-depth knowledge of billing and coding in the eye care industry (current or former work as a practice administrator, billing department manager, biller, ophthalmic technician, or equivalent role would be ideal)
- High-level of comfort with ophthalmic terminology and abbreviations
- Strong writing skills (clear, well-structured, concise, non-contradictory statements)
- Ability to make technical terms and concepts understandable
- Willing and able to ghost write and have majority of writing approved before sending to clients
- An understanding of the need for a unified position across the BSM auditors prior to responding to certain questions; willingness to collaborate
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite products (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience with compliance activities is a bonus
- Being JCAHPO (COA, COT, COMT) or CPC certified is also a bonus
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Writing articles on assigned topics for the BSM Blog, newsletter, and industry publications
- Supporting consultants with their own writing assignments (research, drafting copy, reviewing drafts)
- Drafting responses to customer inquiries related to billing and coding (and compliance, as able)
- Peer-review of audit reports / workbooks prior to client distribution
- Assist with the development of content for presentations and webinars
- Effectively and appropriately communicating with internal team and external customers
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Your cover letter should include, at a minimum:
- A summary of your qualifications for the position
- A description of your level of proficiency in Word and Excel