COVID-19 RESPONSE: Recent developments are impacting our valued clients. Read these helpful resources for navigating this crisis in your business.
Laurie Brown, MBA, COMT, COE, CPC, CPMA, OSA, CPSS
Ms. Brown joined BSM in 2016 and is based in Tucson, Ariz.
Prior to joining BSM, she spent nearly 20 years serving as the practice administrator for a world-renowned cataract and refractive surgery practice in Eugene, Ore.
Ms. Brown has more than 30 years of experience in the ophthalmic industry, holding managerial, clinical, and surgical roles.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
In her current role, Ms. Brown provides ongoing operational and compliance support to ophthalmology and medical aesthetic practices. Her areas of expertise include:
- Practice Flow and Efficiency
- New Physician Recruitment and Integration
- Coding, Billing, and Auditing
- Human Resources
- Practice Leadership, including Staff and Management Training
- Regulatory and Compliance
Many of our consultants share their expertise by writing for industry magazines. Read their articles, including ones by Ms. Brown, through our Published Articles page.
- Received the William E. Rose, Jr. Pinnacle Award for regulatory compliance excellence
- Serves on the Ophthalmic World Leaders (OWL) governing board and has served on the boards of JCAHPO, ASOA, and NBCOE.
- Active educator and author of numerous articles in medical, association, and industry journals.
CREDENTIALS AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Certified Ophthalmic Medical Technologist (COMT)
- Certified Ophthalmic Executive (COE)
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC)
- Certified Professional Medical Auditor (CPMA)
- Ophthalmic Surgical Assisting Certification (OSA)
- Ophthalmic Scribe Certification (OSC)
- Certified Patient Service Specialist (CPSS)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA), Northwest Christian University (NCU), Eugene, Ore.
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration, NCU
DID YOU KNOW?
After spending a couple of decades in the Pacific Northwest, Laurie and her husband are now enjoying the warm Arizona climate and spectacular mountains. Her favorite activities include hiking, tennis, and exploring new restaurants with friends and family.