COVID-19 RESPONSE: Recent developments are impacting our valued clients. Read these helpful resources for navigating this crisis in your business.
Patricia J. Kennedy, COMT, COE, CPC, CPMA, COPC
Ms. Kennedy joined BSM in 2017 and is based in Seattle.
Prior to joining Rose & Associates — a division of BSM specializing in ophthalmic reimbursement and compliance — she worked for ophthalmology practices and an ophthalmic device manufacturer.
Ms. Kennedy has more than 30 years of consulting, practice management, reimbursement, and compliance experience in the ophthalmic industry.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
In her current role, Ms. Kennedy provides ongoing support to ophthalmology practices, focusing on coding and reimbursement matters to ensure regulatory compliance. Her areas of expertise include:
- Chart Audits
- Medicare Audits
Many of our consultants share their expertise by writing for industry magazines. Read their articles, including ones by Ms. Kennedy, through our Published Articles page.
- Regular speaker at national ophthalmology meetings, addressing Medicare documentation and compliance
- Multiple business affiliations with industry organizations, including ASOA, AAOE, and the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC)
CREDENTIALS AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Certified Ophthalmic Medical Technologist (COMT)
- Certified Ophthalmic Executive (COE)
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC)
- Certified Professional Medical Auditor (CPMA)
- Certified Ophthalmic Professional Coder (COPC)
- Bachelor of Arts, Montana State University
DID YOU KNOW?
In her spare time, Patricia loves to cook with her husband, Tom; together, they enjoy creating a beautiful table to dine at. Patricia also has a passion for the arts and loves animals.